EXCHANGES AND RETURNS
UHQ will exchange any damaged or flawed products returned in an unused condition within 10 days of purchase or delivery together with the proof of purchase. Product exchanges requiring delivery will be transported to the original delivery address within South Africa.
It is acknowledged that exchanges are subject to product availability at the time of the request for exchange. UHQ will check the condition of products presented for exchange or returned as in accordance with Delivery and Collection paragraphs (whichever is applicable) products are deemed to have been supplied in good condition as checked by the customer at the time of purchase, delivery or collection.
UHQ is unable to exchange goods where product characteristics and/or imperfections were pointed out prior to purchase. Handling fees may be applicable on exchanges/returns. For public health reasons, UHQ cannot accept the return of some items.
No special orders will be subject to exchange/return/refund. Physically altered or partially disassembled product may not be returned. Should the customer change their mind about a purchase, but the product is unflawed or undamaged UHQ is not obliged to accept the return. Products purchased during the annual sale will be subject to the terms and the conditions of the sale.
The customer should present the original invoice as proof of purchase for all exchanges and returns. We regret no exchanges, returns or refunds without the original invoice.
- PRODUCTS PURCHASED IN STORE/ COLLECTED Products should be returned to UHQ at the customer’s expense within 10 days of purchase/collection. UHQ to check the condition of products being returned as explained in the Exchanges and Returns paragraph.
- PRODUCTS DELIVERED The customer should check products being delivered immediately (refer to Delivery paragraph) and note any defects on the POD (proof of delivery) document while the UHQ Delivery Team is on site. Such items should be returned to UHQ on the truck. Any defects noted after delivery should be photographed and reported to UHQ Customer Care on 033 345 3376, [email protected]
In the unlikely event that a product does not comply with the purpose, it was intended to be used and is therefore fundamentally flawed and exchange or repair is not possible, a refund may be requested (within 3 months).
REFUNDS PROCEDURES: Once the product has been received and checked by UHQ, the customers banking details will be verified in order to issue a credit note. The refund will be processed by Head Office upon receipt of the credit note and will be paid into the verified bank account. All refunds are paid on either the 15th of the month or at the end of the month, subject to Head Office processing cut-offs. Allow 2-4 business days for the refund to reflect.
7.1 UHQ warrants that:
1. The product is reasonably suitable for the purpose that it was intended for;
2. The product is of good quality, free of defects and in good working order and;
3. The product will be durable and usable for a reasonable period of time.
7.2 UHQ will process your return request in the following circumstances:
1. You may return an undamaged, non-defective product in the event that you change your mind about the
product within 7 (seven) business days of delivery for products, which return shall incur a collection
charge, equivalent to the initial delivery fee.
2. You may return a product which is defective within 6 (six) months of after delivery free of charge.
7.3 Returns Procedure
7.3.1 Should you wish to return a product, you will need to log a return/exchange request on your user
account on the Site;
7.3.2 Should you use guest checkout and not register an online profile, you are required to manually log a
return- please email [email protected]
7.3.3 You will be given an option to exchange or return the product. Exchanges are subject to product
availability at the time of the request.
7.3.4 Once your return/exchange request has been logged we will contact you to arrange collection or you
may select to drop off the product at one of our stores or distribution centres.
7.3.5 As you agreed to inspect the product for defects or damage before accepting delivery, you are
encouraged to submit photographic proof and you must provide full reasons for alleging that the product is
defective, including stating how the product was utilised during the period that it was in the customer’s
7.3.6 Once the return has reached our warehouse, the product will be inspected before the return is
7.3.7 If you have proven that any of the product warranties in clause 8.1 above have been breached, you
may choose a refund or store credit or an exchange if possible.
7.3.8 All refunds will be processed every Friday, allowing 2-4 business days for the funds to reflect that the
credit has been processed.
7.4 UHQ will evaluate the defect and honour warranties if:
1. The defect existed at the time of delivery and manifested during the warranty period;
2. The defect did not arise due to normal wear and tear or misuse/abuse by the customer;
3. The customer duly complied with the care instructions and maintenance.